Yes, you can sign up online if you have a Singpass ID and password.
Do note that:
- Singaporean/ PR PAssion card holders are eligible for the NLB Partner Membership and registration is available online. For more details on this, please refer here.
- If you are a foreigner who recently signed up to be a new PAssion card member, you are eligible for a waiver on the registration fee ($10.50). The annual membership fee ($42.80) will still be chargeable. To sign up and enjoy the waiver, please approach a staff member at any library. Check our membership guide to find out what documents you will need to bring, in addition to a valid PAssion card.
- If you are a PR or a foreigner who is studying at an MOE school, you are eligible for a waiver on:
- the one-time registration fee (for PRs)
- the annual fee (for foreigners)
To receive the waiver, sign up for library membership by approaching a staff member at any library instead of online.
Yes, you can sign your child up online using your Singpass if:
- Your child is a Singaporean or Permanent Resident, and
- Your child is born in Singapore
Do note that:
- If your child is a PR and a student at a MOE school, he/she is eligible for a waiver on the one-time registration fee. To receive the waiver, sign up for library membership by approaching a staff member at any library instead of online.
- If you have more than one child, you can choose to register just one child or all your children at the same time.
Yes, you can sign up online with your Singpass when you are overseas. An OTP is not required to complete the registration when you use your Singpass.
Your membership will be activated immediately if you are a Singaporean, or upon payment of the registration and/or membership fee(s) if you are a PR or a foreigner.
Access your virtual membership card (eCard) in the NLB Mobile app, once you have signed into the app with a myLibrary ID. Use the eCard to borrow library materials and pick up reserved materials.
You can check your library account directly in the app, or online.
We will not send you a physical membership card.
Yes, you can renew online if you have a Singpass ID and password. You will need a debit/credit card to pay for the registration fee ($10.50; payable again upon renewal, if membership has expired for more than 6 months) and the annual membership fee ($42.80).
You can sign up for library membership by approaching a staff member at any library. If you are a PR or foreigner studying at an MOE school, remember to bring your School Smart Card to receive a waiver on the registration fee (for PRs) or the registration fee and annual fee (for foreigners). For foreigners, please also check our membership guide to find out what documents to bring.
If you are already our Basic library member, you can upgrade your membership account online after a valid login here.
The Partner Membership allows member to borrow up to TWENTY-FOUR (24) library items with no additional fees or charges. The expiry date of the Partner Membership will correspond to the expiry date of the PAssion Card membership. Members will continue to be library members with basic membership privileges upon expiry of their Partner Membership.
For upgrade requests that are not successful via our online platform, please seek assistance at our libraries by producing your valid PAssion card with proof of expiry.
For non-library members, you may login with your SingPass at Membership registration page to register for the Partner Membership.
Currently, NLB Partner Membership is only free for PAssion ez-link Holders who are Singaporeans or PRs. Foreigners can choose to register as a Partner Member by paying the annual fee ($42.80). The registration fee ($10.50) will be waived. To sign up, please approach a staff member at any library. Check our membership guide to find out what documents you will need to bring, in addition to a valid PAssion card.
(Note: If there are issues with your membership, please visit any library, except library@Chinatown, with a valid PAssion card and approach staff for assistance.)
Yes, you can check online with Singpass or by entering your NRIC number.
The online service will inform you if you are a member. If not, it will prompt you to sign up for library membership.
- Find out what materials we have in our catalogue, and visit our libraries.
- You can start using our digital collection immediately! Download the NLB Mobile app to read eBooks, listen to audiobooks, and read current eNewspapers and eMagazines. You can also use the eCard or the scan-to-borrow function in the NLB Mobile app to borrow books at our libraries
Do note that you will need to create a myLibrary username to use our digital services. You can check if you already have a myLibrary username, retrieve your username/password or create one online.
Find out more about your borrowing privileges and our library services.