General Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Use and Copyright & Disclaimer Statement
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. A reference to this “website” is to https://mobileapp.nlb.gov.sg including but not limited to the information, text, images, links, sound, graphics and video sequences displayed herein (the “Materials”).
By accessing this website and any pages thereof, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions below, do not access this site or any pages thereof.
1. No Warranty for the website and/or the Materials
- This website and the Materials are provided “as is”, “as available”. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY (NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY) does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality and/or fitness for a particular purpose, is given in conjunction with the Materials and/or this website
- The NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY does not warrant that any of the Materials or that this website will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected; further, no warranty is given that this website and the Materials are free from any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro.
2. Intellectual Property
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or its content suppliers and protected by Singapore and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY and protected by Singapore and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or its software suppliers and/or affiliates and is protected by Singapore and international copyright laws. All contents on this website, both textual and graphic, are copyrighted by NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY, unless otherwise noted
- Copyright The copyright in this website is owned by NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or its licensors. No part or parts hereof may be reproduced, distributed, adapted, modified, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, framed or transmitted in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without the prior written permission of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY. However, you may download and print the Materials on this website for personal, non-commercial use only provided you do not modify the Materials and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials. You also may not, without the permission of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY, insert a hyperlink to this website on any other website or “mirror” any Material contained on this website on any other server. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY and its affiliates respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please inform the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore.
- Trademark The trademarks, service marks and logo (the “Trade Marks”) used and displayed on this website are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or its licensors. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Trade Marks displayed on this website, without the written permission of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. The name of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or the Trade Marks may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to the distribution of Materials on this website, without prior written permission of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY. The NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY prohibits use of the Trade Marks as a “hot” link or in link to any NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY site or any other site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY in writing.
You agree that all information and/or particulars sent or submitted by you to NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY in relation to the access of this website is non-confidential and non-proprietary unless otherwise expressly indicated by you. You further undertake not to submit any information and/or other materials which are or may be offensive, illegal or which may not be lawfully disseminated under the laws of Singapore or any other relevant country.
4. Exclusion of Liability (General Disclaimer)
NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY shall in no event be liable for any damages, loss or expense including without limitation, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damage, or economic loss arising from or in connection with:
any access, use or the inability to access or use this website, or reliance on the Materials and/or any information in this website;
any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, or computer virus; and
any use of or access to any other website linked to this website.
Even if NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses and/or expenses. Any hyperlinks to any other websites are not an endorsement or verification of such websites and such websites should only be accessed at the user’s own risks. This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by law. The NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY maintains a set of information repositories, and provides access to the data in these repositories. In addition, NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY interoperates with other, related libraries, databases, content providers, etc that provide information, videos, images, e-books, etc, and may make use of the data and services of these other organizations in providing the result for a query. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY makes no representation, explicit or otherwise, about the completeness, accuracy, or consistency of the data in these repositories, of the integrity of the services NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY provides, or of those with which NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY interoperate. Virtually most of the data in NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY repositories originates elsewhere, and NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY cannot guarantee its correctness, nor does NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY guarantee that the processing NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY performs on these data is free from errors. While NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY attempts to provide accurate data and services, and are continually correcting errors upon discovery, individuals concerned with the correctness or accuracy of individual data items are advised to seek independent verification of such data. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY makes this data available for the purpose of research and experimentation. Some of the particular collections to which NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY provides access contain restrictions about repackaging, commercial use, or other aspects of the use. These restrictions are stated elsewhere and NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY disclaims any liabilities associated with the NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY user’s breach of these restrictions. Additionally, NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY categorically disclaims any damages, losses, and/or financial losses suffered by the NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY users as a result of users’ lack of taking notice of these restrictions or ignorance thereof.
5. Electronic Communications
When you visit NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
6. Your Account
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or cash card or via the use of the NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY virtual purse/account and all similar means of on-line payment. If you are under 21, if you want to buy products offered by NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY you may do so only with involvement of a parent or guardian. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion. If however, you make accidental purchases by keying in your personal information and/or you change your mind, NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY will not be responsible for refunding you any monies or crediting any monies to your virtual account purse/account.
Conditions of Refund by the NLB, namely:-
The death of the owner of NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY prepaid account.
Owner of pre-paid account migrating away from the Republic of Singapore. The NLB needs written proof of the same, to show that the move away from Singapore, is permanent.
Failure in delivery of a database content that was paid in advance by the User. (e.g. If a database requires advance payment prior to use)
Wrong deduction due to a systems error.
No refund shall be given by the NLB, under the following circumstances:-
Where the User complains to NLB that the systems were slow and unrealiable, as these technical matters are exempted under these terms and conditions of use.
Printing too many copies / not able to get print-out (service recovery for this is to print page for customer)
The Users claim that, their account was ‘hacked or cracked into’ illegally by any other third parties and the credit value in the prepaid account was used up completely.
Requests for consolidation /transfer of pre-paid accounts will not be entertained by the NLB.
The prepaid account was wrongly topped-up by the Users.
7. Reviews, Comments, Communications and Other Content
Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content; send e-mail and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY and its affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or its affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
8. Governing Law
By accessing this website, you agree that Singapore law, including without limitation the provisions of the Singapore Evidence Act (Chapter 97) and the Electronic Transactions Act (No 25. of 1998), shall govern such access as well as the above terms and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY or to products you purchase through NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Singapore, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY’S intellectual property rights, NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
10. Site Policies, Membership, Modification, and Severability
We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Current National Library Board Singapore corporate website members are granted the automatic privilege of membership in NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY. New members can sign in to gain membership. If and when NLB DIGITAL LIBRARY is upgraded, changed, modified, re-designed, revamped, given a new Uniform Resource Locator (URL), etc (new website), these current and new members will enjoy the privilege of automatic membership in the new website, without the need for re-registration at the new website.